We do not fit add-on tuning boxes, which normally just interfere with engine management signals to trick the injectors into adding more or less fuel. Our service is a custom tuning done specifically for your vehicle.
These differ from how a tuning works. A tuning box relies on the principal of more diesel fuel = more diesel power. That theory is correct and boxes do increase power, but they can’t control the amount of black smoke (maximum permissible visible smoke limit) coming out the exhaust.
Too much smoke is undesirable, both environmentally and visually. More importantly, the black smoke is un-burnt diesel fuel attached to combustion chamber, with deposits exiting straight out the exhaust pipe, thus wasting fuel which hasn’t had any effect on power gain. The results are raised emissions, a higher thermal load on the engine (i.e. exhaust temperature) and frequently defects such as "bucking" are often the result. It should be clear what this means for your engine.
In a modern engine there are complex engine control systems that cooperate with each other to make everything work perfectly. A diesel box manipulates some signals in order to either increase the injection time or fuel pressure. Unfortunately this manipulation is done entirely without the engine control system’s knowledge. This means that a diesel box tricks the engine control system of the vehicle and the consequence is that a large amount of values and control data will be incorrect, resulting in:
• The on board trip computer shows improved fuel consumption, but the real amount left in the tank is less, as fuel is being injected without any of the sensors detecting the additional amount entering the cylinder.
• The anti skid program (ESP) is disturbed because of incorrect torque value
• Loose boxes and wiring flexes in the engine compartment
• The automatic gearboxes get incorrect torque value
• Torque reduction when shifting gear (for comfort and durability) is not retained
• The regeneration (emptying) of particle filter will not be optimal
• The calculation of exhaust temperature is disturbed
• The calculation of service interval is disturbed
• The diagnostic system is disturbed